Want to join an organisation whose mission is to Connect The World?
We are Biarri Networks. We bring together leaders in optimisation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics and computer science to modernise how fiber optic networks are planned, designed and built.
Having worked with some of the largest telecommunications, engineering and consultancy companies around the world, we plan and design the fiber networks that help to connect our world faster and cheaper.
Why you’ll love us
We challenge the status quo and believe that happy people with a great work/life balance are able to hatch new ideas and question the current thinking. Join us and surround yourself with like-minded, intelligent and high-achieving individuals who are looking to help create the infrastructure that will underpin the 21st century.
Biarri is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and fosters everyone’s growth. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
In this role you will:
- Develop engines that design fibre optic networks
- Engage directly with customers to understand and resolve network design problems
- Support and evolve best practices in software development
- Work with our design teams in Australia and overseas and create the tools to empower them
Biarri Networks offers:
- A chance to make an impact – you will be instrumental in helping us bring fibre networks to the world
- A dynamic, fun environment working with lots of smart people from many different disciplines
- The capacity to provide innovative solutions to problems
You have strong knowledge about and experience with:
- PyTest or similar
- Git and peer review of code
- CI/CD pipelines
- Linux / Ubuntu
- Producing high quality code, with a keen eye for effective testing
Your qualifications are:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Your experience is:
- Building commercial software solutions
- With complex web based applications
- In an agile development environment and the full SDLC
You will also possess:
- A strong desire and ability to learn
- Good documentation skills
- Diligence and an eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Great communication skills and initiative
- Great team-working skills
Bonus knowledge and experience:
Our immediate need is for Python skills, but we also highly value the following:
- Mixed Integer Programming
- Web development
- Infrastructure As Code
Does this sound like a you? Bring your passion and drive to a company who want you to thrive. Get in touch with us today. We can’t wait to meet you.