The National Broadband Network is one of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects which is expected to take 10 years to complete and aims to reach 93% of Australian premises across a geographical area equivalent to 80% of the United States.
Fibre Optic Network Design has always been a high cost and labour intensive process. NBN Co required a modern approach to Fibre Optic Network Design that gave them the ability to make agile, valid and cost effective designs for their FTTH network.
- NBN Co required a solution that would allow for high quality, and low cost fibre networks to be designed in an agile, efficient way.
- Our team worked closely with NBN Co to understand how their existing processes worked and what they required from a FTTH network design solution.
- NBN Co were quick to outline key constraints and requirements from the tool which off the shelf products weren’t able to support.
- The customised solution that we built- FOND– uses complex mathematical engines at the core, and easy linear workflows to deliver low cost FTTx Designs.
- Our custom built Fibre Optic Network Design tool (FOND) allows for rapid, high quality, and repeatable validated network designs
- Easy and seamless integration with existing processes and systems including multiple GIS tools
- Easy handling of third party and input data to increase data handling efficiency through the design process
- Outputs in the form of visualisations and a detailed bill of quantities to increase visibility and control over cost
- 80% reduction in planning time
- 20% reduction in material and labour costs
- 3000+ premises designed and validated in minutes